Our Safeguarding Policy
- We are committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
- The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
- We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of the Disclosing and Barring Service.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police, and local authority in any investigation and we will have a clear reporting procedure in place.
- We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- In all these principles we will follow statute, guidance and recognised good practice.
- We will advise the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser if we receive a Disclosure which is ‘blemished’ or ‘positive’.
- We will review this policy annually, check that our policies are up to date, and supply a copy of the updated policy statement to the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser.
Parish Safeguarding Officer
Clare Clark 0771 2256366 email@example.com
Parish Recruitment Officer
Rev Robin Grayson 01753 542068 firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocese of Oxford Safeguarding Information