St Mary’s Church is licensed for weddings and provides a venue that is both beautiful and full of spiritual meaning. Visit the St Mary’s website.
Weddings can be arranged by calling at St. Mary’s Church on any Tuesday evening between 7.00pm and 7.45pm. There you will be given information and your questions can be answered.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Am I entitled to get married at St Mary’s, Langley?
A. If either you or your partner live in Langley, and have done so for at least 6 months, you are normally entitled to get married at St Mary’s.
Click here to check if you live within the Parish of Langley. Note that roads to the south of the M4 are not inside the Parish.
You are also normally entitled to get married in St Mary’s if any one of the following applies to you or your partner:
- you were baptised in St Mary’s
- you were prepared for confirmation in Langley
- you have been to normal church services in St Mary’s for at least 6 months
- one of your parents has, since you were born, lived in Langley for at least 6 months
- one of your parents has been to normal church services in St Mary’s regularly for at least 6 months
- either your parents or your grandparents were married in St Mary’s
There may be restrictions, for example, if either you or your partner:
- has been married before to someone still living
- is not a British national
- is under 18
- is not of the Christian faith
However, these are not normally insurmountable barriers – please speak to one of the priests by coming to St Mary’s between 7 and 7.45 pm on a Tuesday or by using the contact details here.
Q. How can I book a date for our wedding service at St Mary’s, Langley?
A. We can arrange for weddings on most Saturday afternoons in the year. Come to St Mary’s Church on any Tuesday evening between 7.00 pm and 7.45 pm. There one of the priests will be available to make provisional bookings.
The priest will also help you answer any other questions you may have, such as:
- How much will our wedding service cost?
- When do I pay for our wedding service?
- Can we have bells at our wedding service?
- Can we book any singers for our wedding service?
- Will there be any flowers for our wedding service?
- Can photos be taken during the service?
- Can confetti be thrown afterwards?
For these and other questions you may have about getting married at St Mary’s, you may also contact one of the priests in the Langley team directly here.