It is now possible for weddings to take place in church again, but the number attending is limited to 30, and there can be no singing. If you would like to inquire about booking a wedding, please contact one of the clergy here. We will post further information about the restarting of other activities as it becomes available.
St Mary’s Church is licensed for weddings and provides a venue that is both beautiful and full of spiritual meaning. Visit the St Mary’s website.
Weddings can be arranged by visiting the Parish Office on any Wednesday or Friday morning to speak to our Parish Administrator. To arrange for a chat at other times you may contact one of our priests here.
Please note that from August onwards, we will no longer be receiving inquiries at St Mary’s Church on a Tuesday evening.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Am I entitled to get married at St Mary’s, Langley?
A. If either you or your partner live in Langley, and have done so for at least 6 months, you are normally entitled to get married at St Mary’s.
Click here to check if you live within the Parish of Langley. Note that roads to the south of the M4 are not inside the Parish.
You are also normally entitled to get married in St Mary’s if any one of the following applies to you or your partner:
- you were baptised in St Mary’s, St. Francis or Christ the Worker;
- you were prepared for confirmation in Langley;
- you have been to normal church services in St Mary’s, St. Francis, and/or Christ the Worker for at least 6 months;
- one of your parents has, since you were born, lived in Langley for at least 6 months;
- one of your parents has been to normal church services in St Mary’s, St. Francis and/or Christ the Worker regularly for at least 6 months;
- either your parents or your grandparents were married in St Mary’s
There may be restrictions, for example, if either you or your partner:
- has been married before to someone still living
- is not a British national
- is under 18
- is not of the Christian faith
Q. How can I book a date for our wedding service at St Mary’s, Langley?
A. We can arrange for weddings on most Saturday afternoons in the year. See above for ways of contacting us. We will also help you answer any other questions you may have, such as:
- How much will our wedding service cost?
- When do I pay for our wedding service?
- Can we have bells at our wedding service?
- Can we book any singers for our wedding service?
- Will there be any flowers for our wedding service?
- Can photos be taken during the service?
- Can confetti be thrown afterwards?
We look forward to helping you prepare for your special day.