Our regular pattern of Sunday worship and other activities is suspended for the time being. Here are some ways by which we hope to sustain the life of the church through these difficult times:
We are encouraging everyone to pray and worship at home by using some of these resources.
- Joining in with Sunday worship, Morning Prayer and other events on Zoom – visit our Facebook page for regular updates on what is planned
- Saying Morning Prayer each day at 8.45 am, and other patterns of prayer through the day, such as may be found here. These can also be read via apps on suitable devices. Here is a short version for Lent that you can print out
- Using online resources such as those from the Church of England.
- Weekly Sheet of Contacts, Notices, Prayers & Readings for this Sunday
- A sermon prepared by one of the clergy
- A short service of Spiritual Communion
- A Prayer Diary for praying round the streets and community of Langley
- Materials from Roots on the Web: for Families at Home, and for Adults at Home
- Activities for children, on the St Mary’s Sunday Club page
- iSingPOP songs and videos for children
We are keen to help those in need, and we are setting up phone networks to keep in touch.
Meanwhile, if you have any concerns, or if you are aware of anyone in need, please contact one of our team here.
To find out what Slough Borough Council are doing, see here.
The Parish is a Team Ministry with three Churches, each with its own distinctive style of worship, from the traditional to the informal, from the historic Church of St. Mary the Virgin to the two newer Churches of St. Francis of Assisi and Christ the Worker.
Together we seek to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to the Community of Langley.
We are part of the Diocese of Oxford, in the Archdeaconry of Buckingham and the Deanery of Burnham & Slough.
Please click on a link to the right for information about the Parish as a whole. To find out more about an individual Church, please click on the appropriate picture below or use the menu at the top of any page.